HOUSING AUTHORITY OF GRENADA is inviting applications from suitably qualified professionals to fill the position of ACCOUNTANT
FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the general direction of the General Manager, the Accountant will function in the main areas of Financial Management and Computer Control.
- Assist the General Manager in the overall administration/management of the Authority’s operations in conjunction with the Management Team
- Responsible for the implementation and control of proper accounting/financial procedures for the Authority’s operations including:-
- Preparation of reports, financial statements, financial analyses, cash flows, budgets and any other information required by the General Manager, Board of Directors and Auditors.
- To ensure proper accounting procedures such as daily posting of all ledgers, both general and subsidiary
- i) authorization of purchase orders
ii) authorization of payments (in the absence of the General Manager)
iii) signing of cheques
- Preparation of annual accounts for audit in keeping with requirements of the Auditors.
- Monitor and control of insurances (except for loans)
- Overall control of the inventory system in close conjunction with the Inventory Clerk.
- Responsibility for the implementation and effective performance of the computer system.
- Any other related duties assigned by the General Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified Accountant ACCA or CPA or equivalent, with background in loans management
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance desirable
- In-depth knowledge of QuickBooks
- Proficient in the use of other accounting programmes and Microsoft Office (Intermediate to Advance Excel)
- At least five (5) years’ experience in Accounting
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Team oriented
Applications should reach the Authority no later than October 31, 2022 and should be addressed to:
The General Manager
Housing Authority of Grenada
P.O. Box 353